Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunny Days

It's getting warmer out here.

We had a beautiful day, nearly 70 degrees this Thursday, and I used it to achieve a new longest run - 12 miles. It was also a very busy week, where I only ran 13.5 miles all together (the other, really short, run was with a group I volunteer with)

The highlight of the week, however, was that I got a new pair of running shoes! At the height of my fitness, I was running about 150 miles a month, and had to get a new pair of shoes once every 3 months or so (who said running was cheap?). As I am now ramping up, I think this pair, or maybe one more, will be all I need to prepare for July. Looking forward to seeing more and more people on the trails now that it's warm!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're "ramping up". Stay the course. So proud of what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!

    I thought of this comment while I was writing today's post... as I once again was talking about ramps!

    ReplyDelete