Monday, March 5, 2012

February Fun And March Madness

I ran 67.5 miles in February (a mere 2.3 miles per day, on average - down slightly from January), but I did manage a big-time 12 mile run! I'll run at least two half-marathon distances (13.1) in March, I promise. :)

Anyways, that brings my 2012 total mileage, through the end of February, to just over 150 miles. I plan to crank it up this month, and I'm aiming for at least 100 more. I plan to run at least 524 miles before the marathon (20 miles for every mile of the race). Why so many? Well, first of all, running 12 miles at a 9 minute pace makes running 26.2 at faster than a 7 minute pace seem impossible. Second, my good friend Billy once said "Bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible. Yea, get the better of them." I mean... I bet he never thought that his words, the words of a conspirator plotting against Julius Caesar, would be taken out of context to inspire runners to accomplish the impossible...

Frankly, I'm a little surprised too. Yet, here we are. And here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment