Saturday, June 2, 2012

new schedule

just over a month left. They may not contain any deep or insightful writing, but I am going to put my daily mileage totals here, for accountability.

8.7 miles today (8:55 pace)

On another note. I saw three deer grazing outside the national zoo on my way back home, all adolescent. I stopped for five minutes or so to watch them, and got to thinking about rainbows. Tim's mom loved rainbows, and when she passed, he believed that every rainbow he saw was a kind reminder from his ma that she's watching over him.

I was running and thinking how little running I've been doing that lately, and thinking about how Tim needed to watch over me, and part of me really wanted to believe that those deer are a sign that he was. I'd be the first to call that silly, but it's amazing how one yearns to feel like those who have passed are still right there by looking for signs outside. Instead, I remember that Tim is still here, inside. Inside of me and the man he helped me become, but also inside my mom and everyone else whose life he touched. We're $418 from the donation goal, and then I will run my legs and my heart out in his honor. Running a three (my personal goal) is basically impossible given my level of fitness, but finishing the marathon (the goal for Timmy) is something for which nothing could stop me!

1 comment:

  1. Woot woot. You can do it! And I promise to run with you each week for at least one of your shorter runs.

    ReplyDelete